December 31, 2008

Chaos Black Dye

Since all the rare dyes can drop inside the city dungeons as well meanwhile, i kept wondering what the Chaos Black Dye would look like. I know the Skull White Dye is white and the Ulgu Grey Dye is a kind of silver metallic. But with all the strangely washed out colors in Warhammer, how dark is black? I thought my readers would like to know as well, so i bought a flask of chaos black from the AH for 90g to check it out. I tried it on a few items (see pic) and have to tell you it's more of a dark anthracite then black. Check out the pics, maybe it will avert frustration about a color you spend a lot of gold on.

My best wishes to all my readers for 2009! I'm off for some serious partying now... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks cool on your orc, but it's still mildly disappointing. I was hoping for something a bit more... dramatic. Nice that it's only 90 gold on your server though. Badlands it's currently 500.

Thulf said...

Usually its a bit more expensive on my server as well. But i figured 90g was worth the "research" for my blog. ;)

Castamere said...

That's some costly research! Good to know though. I wonder if someone has the bank to show off the myriad of crafted and rare dyes that are out there. Would be a worthwhile (though costly) endeavor.

Anonymous said...

the new patch will convert your (soon to be) junk crafting items into dying components, so far 20 seed type crap = 1 chaos black dye. 10 crap plant type items is something else (hopefully not black)